Thursday, November 15, 2007

Emem Ngai Journal


Photobucket

It seems like it was just yesterday when I was part of a (not very) happy family. Mom would get up every day and burn us breakfast, Emily would get everyone's undivided attention, my parents would dirty dance in front of the Headmaster...Yeah, what was I saying?

Photobucket

But I do miss my Mom, she was too young to die. My Dad doesn't know what to do without her, now he's old and all he does is talk on the phone to virtual strangers. It's pathetic.

Photobucket

Back in highschool I dated Sabrina a bit. And her sister, Selene. And a few other girls, too. Selene got left in the dust when we all went to University without her, it wasn't her fault, but that's the way the ball bounces. Or something. Anyway, women came and went throughout my college years. Most of them, anyway. Sabrina just wouldn't leave. She moved in with us after graduation, and her butt pretty much grew to our couch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Honestly, we didn't like to take her out much. She couldn't handle her "juice" very well, and she could be so embarassing.

Photobucket

One day she caught me at an awkward moment and proposed to me. I was kind of in shock. And heck, she wasn't gonna leave on her own anyway, so I shrugged. She took that as a yes.

Photobucket

My Dad was so happy to have something fun to look forward to, he planned the wedding right away. In the front yard. With no chairs, no cake. I'm not quite sure how much "planning" he actually did, come to think of it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

But anyway, all my aunts came, Sabrina's parents came, yada yada yada...

Photobucket

Then onto the good stuff. Good girl Sabrina wasn't giving me any until the wedding night, so I couldn't wait!

Photobucket

Little did I know I wouldn't be getting any more for quite a while after that. Sigh.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Did I mention my wife was embarassing? Atleast these days she keeps her Risky Business dancing at home, for only myself, my sister Emily, her boyfriends, my Dad, his workfriends...Oh sh*t.

Photobucket

As a Knowledge sim, I guess I should be atleast minutely interested in what my genetics could turn out in the form of a child, but so far, I'm not. My Dad is ecstatic though, he's a Family sim, just like my wife. World, meet my son, Zuri. I'm not sure who he looks like yet, but I'm assured he will be "adorable."



Emem at SS

Dear Dad: Why didn't you tell me about this so called "Secret" Society at RRU? And don't play dumb with me, your old college picture is still up on the wall there! It was a piece of cake getting in, you just have to know the right people, I guess.

Emem studies

I wish the rest of my life was so easy. I'm not talking about the schoolwork, either. That's rough, but nothing like finding the right girl has turned out to be.
Photobucket

I really liked Helga, back in high school, remember? But she's always had her eye on some old guy, so I moved on. I fell hard for Selene and her sister Sabrina. They're both so hot, and so different from each other. But Sabrina is two years older, and is in my Greek House, so the decision was kind of made for me.

Emem and Sabrina go jogging

It's not as if it's a hardship, Sabrina and I have a lot in common. We both enjoy fitness, and go jogging every night together. I just miss that spark I had with Selene. But she's still in high school, and I'm a man now. I have needs, you know?

Sabrina burns dinner

And besides, it's like the plans have already been laid. Sabrina has been trying to hone up on her domestic skills. She's learning to cook, and has even taken up sewing, like Mom. I guess we'll both be coming home together after graduation. Looks like we'll have a full house again.

Sabrina drinks from the keg

Hey, I'm not complaining. Not really. Sabrina is a cool chick. And she's hot. I just don't think she's the only chick out there. I guess time will tell.



Noogie

Wow, has a lot happened in my life since last winter! First and foremost, I discovered girls. Helga Menon came home from school with me, I liked her right away, but we've decided to just stay friends.

Photobucket
But one afternoon my parent's old college buddies showed up. Joshua and Shelley are pretty weird, but their daughters are hot.

Photobucket

I was immediately drawn to Sabrina, she's so sweet, and beautiful. I had to admire her, I just couldn't help myself!

Photobucket
But once I got to know her sister Selene better, I found she and I had a lot in common. She turned out to be pretty cool, too. I figured before I got in too deep, I'd let Sabrina know that I wanted to date her sister. I figured she'd understand.
Photobucket

But when I tried to tell her, she just quietly held my hand, and before I knew it, we had serious crushes on each other. Now I'm more confused than ever.
Photobucket

I haven't had much time to mull it over though. Later that same evening...
Photobucket

From out of the sky came a...spaceship?

Photobucket

I was told it lifted me up and snatched me away, but thankfully I don't remember any of it!

Photobucket

My parents had the good grace to be concerned, at least.

Photobucket

But not my twin sister Emily. She can't stand not being the center of attention, she couldn't believe they wouldn't rather have taken her, instead of me.
Photobucket

I don't know how much time passed, but they unceremoniously dropped me out of the sky and plopped me on my lawn. My dad was pretty excited, said I could probably get some scholarship funds out of the whole thing. But I'm more worried about my love life. I'd like to get that in order because I'll be heading off to college soon. Being a teenager is hard!



Emem is stressed out

Why Being in my Family Stinks, by Emem Ngai. Let me start by saying, Christmas bites. The music is awful...

Sara on phone, inviting guests

My Mom, the wonderful family sim that never pays attention to us, insists on inviting all her sisters over for a dumb party...

Emily poses with Christmas tree

My twin, Emily is the only child asked to be photographed. No surprise there.

Sara serves cookies

Mom actually does something right for once, and serves Christmas cookies at the party...

Emily takes Christmas cookie

But since the cookies were the only refreshments served, they were gobbled down quickly by everyone.

Santa leaves in a huff...

And when Santa showed up they were all gone!!

Santa left coal!

So, needless to say, we ended up with a lump of coal, instead of a cool remote control car, like my cousins got.

Sara and Roger dance

To top the whole thing off, my parents made fools of themselves, dancing to their oldies music, right in front of everyone. Ick.

Emily studies as a teen Grade school work is hard for teen Emem.

Thankfully, my sister and I had an uneventful birthday shortly after the whole Christmas fiasco. Everything comes easily for Emily. She rolled Romance, and I had to go and roll Knowledge. Homework is hard!!

4 comments:

  1. Some serious teenage hormones at work I beleive... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woot grats on the abduction
    these twins are totally cute
    and erm ... the way he is bouncing between the sisters.. he sounds like the romance sim now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of sims having personal journals. It was neat to read back in the past this way and watch scenes from Emem's life.

    I especially liked the first one, "Why Being in my Family Stinks." LOL You're so creative, and I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, he was a hormonal teenager, and he's still that way as an adult!

    I know Ruby, he actually behaves more like a romance than knowledge, I think I rolled wrong for him! ;)

    Thanks Lunar Fox! Some sims are just easier for me to get in the minds of, usually the mean, grumpy, unappreciated ones are the funnest to write for! :))

    ReplyDelete